Saturday, September 19, 2015

mad sad and bad

Of course yesterdays post was completely fictitious. Except the bit about being off work that was true (the cold had move south and infection had moved in). And the bit about wanting to kill someone, that’s true. But I didn’t go to the pub (although those usual suspects are usually in there and they do all wear barbours and green wellies, sadly even me). I would not be brave enough to go into a pub on my own. Isn’t that a pitiful fact to admit to at my great age?

Anyway the whole looking for a hit man was a product of my fevered mind, an overdose of cough medicine and wishful thinking. And of course the fact that I need to come to terms with the fact I actually hate someone. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so strongly about anyone before except by loving them (not the same them obviously). It’s true what they say; hate is the flip side of love, same strength anyway. I would never have believed this before.

Now this is a person I am going to have to come in contact with for quite a long, loong time so I need a neutralising strategy. Obviously I can’t actually bump them off (although tempted). So how can I feel differently?

Answers on a post card please and first correct one out of the hat will receive a brilliant virtual prize!


these are my babies, I love them
and Himself of course
and Himself's babies
but not his ex (this is a clue)

8 comments:

Dave said...

Ooh, those babies of yours weren't on the post earlier, were they? Will they be serving my cream tea in the summer?

I of course wouldn't dream of giving advice to people I don't really know, about situations I can only imagine.

You really can't tell folk how to interact with other people at the best of times, and certainly not via the net.

I, Like The View said...

oh Zzzzzzzzzzzzz they are such gorgeous babes!

like daughters like mother, I'm assuming

I've not been in your situation, and can only imagine that it's not nice in the least if your feeling are so strong

coping strategy for hate? (that is such a strong word, isn't it?)(you must be cross), not sure

(but if you find a positive one, rather than the number of a hitman, let me know; I need to build up a range of life skills myself)(mel's blog sometimes has interesting things to read on it, about coping in general)(but she doesn't tell people what to do, much as Dave points)


have a hug tho:

((((((((((((((((z)))))))))))))))))

Romeo Morningwood said...

They are absolutely darling!
I have Daughters about their age so I know how fast compliments can get creepy...
Anyway..about HATE. Now we wouldn't have survived as a species if we had not perfected hate. There is good Hate and bad Hate.
Good Hate is the natural desire to KILL pedophiles posing as Priests.
Bad Hate is the unnatural desire to be needlessly inconsiderate towards someone who has bigger boobs, perfect teeth, naturally wavy hair, flawless skin and aquiline features, a brilliant career and not a job, of course she has a perfect f*cking little family and lives in a gorgeous castle on a huge estate (one of many) and inherited 5o Billion Dollars and hasn't aged one bloody minute since High School.

For Men it's simply any other guy who has a bigger John Thomas.

You must channel your hatred of this unfortunate, wretched soul into a giant ball of molten spite and malice that will cause them to spontaneously combust at the designated time of your choosing.

..and for gawdsake make sure to snort out loud and then laugh maniacally as you stand over the pile of ashes!

andrea said...

They are gorgeous! (Will my teenage boys ever look like that I wonder? :) The trick now is to channel that anger into something that rewards YOU (and I don't mean murder ffor hire! :)...

Zig said...

Dave, I didn't think Revs were allowed to sit on the fence.

ILTV, it's exhausting and a waste of emotion - I need a frontal lobotomy or something.

HE - it's a plan!

Andrea - I'd be worried if your boys looked like that!

Dave said...

I wasn't sitting on the fence. I just wasn't presuming to give out advice when I don't know all the facts (and even when I do, sometimes it's not right to advise people, better that they work things out for themselves, although I might be there to hold their hand on the journey).

Otherwise all you end up with is platitudes like 'pull yourself together' or 'I know how you feel' (when probably you don't) or other comments that don't really help.

I hope I have been available for some bloggers (privately, not in comments columns) when they have wanted to share some pain.

Sorry, I heard this morning that a chap I've been close to for the last couple of years died last night, and I have just got back from conducting another funeral, so am feeling a bit raw.

*Gets off high horse, and back onto fence*

Anonymous said...

Dave oh Dave have I offended you? - I didn't mean to and I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - I hope it wasn't the vicar in Wales - how awful that was.

What can I expect from my blog friends that don't really know me at all? - nothing at all except the unconditional understanding that you're on MY side ;o)

Joking aside, isn't it funny that on here, which is really a public domain, I can be more honest then in the real world - is it because I don't really know you all so how ever you judge me won't really affect me?

And if I'm being honest perhaps I did want you to say pull yourself together, count your blessings, be a better person, cheer up etc etc etc perhaps it's easier to take from a stranger, for sure it does no good me telling myself, even though I do sincerely believe that the only person able to affect my outlook and life is me - but perhaps part of that is asking for help...

my god what a load of old rambling nonsense
sorry sorry sorry

Dave said...

I'm not offended, was merely trying to explain why I wasn't sitting on the fence.

Send one of your babies round with my cream tea and we'll call it quits.