Saturday, September 19, 2015

blessings, the art of counting them

The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

I was listening to ole Satchmo crooning the above and realised, that despite the fact that I have no religious affiliations, I can relate to that line and it is indeed a wonderful world.

OK, now shoot me down in flames, it's crap and we're all doomed, if the global warming doesn't get you then the credit crunch will. Thousand are starving and oppressed or dying of boredom etc etc etc. I know that the world isn't wonderful for everyone, probably not for the majority if we're talking worldwide, and every person I know has endured some tragedy in their life, but I imagine that if you are logged on here reading this crap then you are not worrying too much about having enough to eat, or having a roof over your head or living in a political regime that's life threatening.

I feel I have much to be thankful for and should be concentrating on this when I want to moan.
And moaning about having to feed the odd chief constable (and believe me they are odd) is not sufficient grounds to be stressed. (And proof if proof be needed of oddness, a certain cc of a county not too far from this one whose surname is brain (I'm being careful in case it g**gles) (but you can go*gle and you'll see who I mean) has named his son Richard. This caused me to snort wine out of my nose)(is it me??)(Please do not write his name in the comments if you find him).






No comments: