All is well which is just as well because I put it on to test this morning and then went to work quite forgetting the last time it had been left in charge it had flooded the kitchen.
Several times in the course of today I have idly wondered what I would find on my return but it's fine. Thank the feck for that.
The oven that I fetched, heaved and fitted myself, is also still working, although that which comes out if it hasn't improved but hey you can't be good at everything can you?
The lack of telly however, has not been resolved. What has been resolved is that we are not at all in agreement about the replacement model. We have disagreed, and quite spectacularly.
I'm tempted to think that the whole telly blowing up was actually a deliberate act of sabotage so that my nice tasteful living room could be taken over by a monster 46" plasma screen HD surround sound atrocity called Vera or something. Whereas I think 32" is too big.
I don't want a television so large I can see the hairs up Stephen Fry's nose, although I did miss seeing Kingdom.
15 comments:
32" is too big.
(I always thought about seven was more than adequate)
but
back on topic. . .
CH has an enourmous one
(lucky man)(I digress)
but also the space from which to view it. . .
how much space do you have in front of your telly then? cos the really big ones make your eyes go all googly as you try and take the whole image in, unless you are far enough away - in which case you might as well have a smaller one
and anyhow, very little on telly at the mo actually comes out properly so the picture is all wonky anyhow
what is HD anyway and when is it coming and why can't we just have two channels, as in the good old days (we weren't allowed to watch ITV in our house, my parents thought the adverts were a bad influence), with programmes you really wanted to watch - rather than a gazillion and nothing to see
not that I actually watch telly
g*d, I'm showing my age
either that, or the drugs are affecting my brain
I'll be off then
:-)
i have a friend who had one of those giant wide-screen projection TV's. it's really old and the res isn't great.
so they got a brand new, EVEN BIGGER, hi-def plasma thingy. it's 6 feet across. it's in the same room as the old, giant TV, but they haven't got rid of the old one. The 2 TVs are side by side. One day Eunice came home to find her husband watching football on one and her kid watching cartoons on the other at the same time!!!! Eep!
Count your blessings.
i agree that 32" is too big.
It took me several months to adjust to watching widescreen telly. The larger the screen, the more likely it is that you'll suffer from hallucinations. That's what I think, anyway.
It's not how big it is, it's what you watch with it....
....or something like that, anyway.
Say you will have nothing bigger than 10" - then you can eventualy compromise at about 28" and get brownie points as well.
On second thoughts it's probably too late for that - so just sulk.
All these bloody silly girls (including Dave) who just do not understand that you have to get the biggest screen that you can. One day womankind will realise that men have been right about everything, always, and they will be grateful to us for putting up with their silliness for so long.
How big??? Is Freddie aware that he'll have to vacate the stable?
Seriously, Ziggi, those big screens are only meant for HUGE rooms. On the bright side, I understand that they are easily "damaged" and ruinously EXPENSIVE to fix. I hope that this helps.
Well seeing as you had to carry the stove up the steps and connect and then repair the dishwasher...
I think Himself should get his 46-inch TV!!!
(*OK, not really. 27", really, should do the trick in most rooms, or 32" for a bigger room).
the dear departed was 26" and this was fine but as they're flat now I could possibly live with 32" - there are only 6 man paces from the prime viewing spot to the tv position so any bigger will cause googliness and hallucinations (thanks for the warnings ILTV and Betty) and Vicus I can't believe a vegetarian would approve of such excess!
Dinah - stable roof has blown off!
and WW thank you I knew I was right!
Kaz - I never sulk, I throw things including vile accusations and woks.
Dash your blog has vanished, or is it me??
Not you. The blog is no more.
Post a Comment