I’ve been very tired today.
More tired than I normally am and being an insomniac that’s usually very very. I awoke in the early hours (as per) to a veritable disco light show. Why does every electric gizmo now come with a little light on it? The BT phone was flashing a red light to show I’d missed a call (I really don’t want to know this). My mobile phone permanently flashes a green light and I’d forgotten to turn it off. Himself’s razor was flashing to show it was fully charged. The Bluetooth earpiece thing had a red light to show that it too was fully charged and ready to roll. The numbers on the (new dab) radio are so bright I have to put a hat over it at night but I’d forgotten. Even the sodding smoke detector has a little light.
After I’d gone round and covered up and switched off I was just settling down when the whole room lit up again. I was lying there wondering what it was and whether 2.55 am is really the middle of the night, when it went off. I was still lying there wondering what it was when it came on again.
and off again.
and on.
and so on.
"Hmmphhh" I thought, out loud.
I got up to investigate only to discover our neighbours had had a security light fitted during the day. (Security light? WHY? Against what? The only thing to be scared of round here is Freddie and he doesn’t need a light thank you very much).
By now however, every bored nocturnal creature (and there’s lots round here) was lining up to do a run by. All animosity and carnivorous tendencies were set aside in the simple joy of switching the damn thing on every 2 minutes. I swear I even saw my cat having a go and she only goes out when it’s absolutely necessary and then usually via the end of Himself’s foot.
The light show continued until sun up (and then I was kept awake by stupid birds singing). Tonight I may have to visit with my electrically insulated snips and do a spot of sabotage. I’ve seen enough badgers, foxes, rabbits, things that looked like ferrets, hedgehogs, rats, cats, etc than is good for me and them probably.
Shouldn’t there be a law against light invasion and idiot neighbours?
No comments:
Post a Comment