Saturday, September 19, 2015

friday night live

It was late and dark and I was in a bit of a complete hurry as I was already late to pick up Himself from some work do, so I dived into a parking space in Tesco’s car park without due care and attention to the little lines that show wherein your wheels must be positioned. However, it being midnightish, mine was the only car in the row by at least 20 either side. I shot in and purchased the emergency gin.

Arriving back at my car I find Mr Moron, shiny Micra driver, parked right next to me, arms folded, foot tapping, tutting in the glow of the overhead lights.

Moron: “You haven’t parked in the bay properly.”

Me: “That’s true but there’s no-one else here.”

Moron: “Why do you think they paint them if not for people to park WITHIN?”

Me: “Well I’m going now so it won’t worry anyone else.”

Moron: “You’ll find it difficult; because of your thoughtless parking you will find it very tricky to open the driver’s door. I have in fact tried to park as far over to the right as is possible and remain within the lines in order to leave you sufficient room, but the positioning of your wheels beyond, as you see, your designated space means that unless you are thinner than you look you will not manage to open your door sufficiently widely to ingress, and I shall be very cross indeed if you knock my car with your door.”

Me: “Is there any reason why you couldn’t have parked somewhere else like the other 300 spaces without inconveniencing me?”

Moron: “Now, now, it’s you that has inconvenienced me. However, to answer your question, I feel it’s more efficient to park along side a vehicle already parked to make parking easier for ladies so they don’t have to manoeuvre between 2 parked cars.”

I got into my car via the passenger door; I opened my window and smiled at him.

Me: “it’s the middle of the night you stupid, irritating fuckwit and if you don’t move extremely quickly, being a useless lady driver I WILL RUN YOU OVER”

And I drove straight at him – he moved extremely quickly, for a man.

19 comments:

andrea said...

Brava! Death to the (far too common) pendantic rules Nazi!

dinahmow said...

Three cheers for the witch!And ditto Andrea's comment.

I, Like The View said...

if only you'd had your new witchy costume on, you could have knocked him dead as you strolled out with the gin

and then you needn't have had to have wasted your breath

twat

(him, not you!!)

love the label BTW (I always love your labels tho!)

Vicus Scurra said...

I think I love you.

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

Where do these twats come from? Is there a school for pedants or does it come naturally?

Dave said...

'he moved extremely quickly, for a man' no, no, that was my normal pace, as I went to tidy up the trolleys, which were not aligned in an efficient manner.

I, Like The View said...

I too was contemplating the synchronicity of your posts dave

and how lovely to see a different side of Vicus

(I always suspected his charm was lurking about somewhere under his crusty exterior)

:-)

WithinWithout said...

Well I wondered if he hadn't been driving up in his shiny new Micra and seen you with your -- ahem -- revealing new outfit on, and this was his attempted pickup line.

Which would make him an even bigger twat than he made himself out to be...

Ces Adorio said...

You are my heroine! Yes!

Rog said...

Parking is such sweet sorrow...

Perhaps it was Tesco's On-Line Parking Facility (fnarr fnarrr!)

Romeo Morningwood said...

Askew me?!

He obviously has a 'micra' in his trousers as well...how tedious!

Which part of Hell did Dante reveal for twats like that? It must be pell mell hell, an infinite parkade where every car is askew.

Mangonel said...

Chat-up line. Definitely.

dinahmow said...

I'm back again to say "Wow!" for the new avatar.(Creeps away in green jealousy...)

violet said...

Jesus. I bet he'd been driving round town looking for a situation like that where he could make someone see the error of their ways and the importance of Order and Obedience To The Rules. Did he look a bit like this, by any chance?

Zig said...

A - sadly he was surprisingly quick on his little legs (why are they always short?) - I'll get him next time!

D - it took on a surreal feeling - I couldn't believe I was discussing parking in an almost empty carpark with some dickhead (and yes the avatar is really me ha ha ha ha ha ha I wish)

ILTV - but that's how I look all the time anyway (day and night)

Vicus - I know darling but I've told you before unless you're prepared to pay more than that the answer is still a definite maybe

MM - you don't find many women like that (I'm sure there are some) I think it's a type of control issue - women of course know they're in control and therefore don't have to prove it

Dave - ! tell me it isn't so !

WW - he was only looking at my wheels, mind you they are alloy and very sexy

Ces - I'm awaiting a visit from the constabulary for dangerous driving - I'm sure he had a little notebook and sharp pointy pencil for noting down errant individuals

Murph - furgoodness sake is that supposed to be furny?

HE - level 3 I believe

M - no no no no no no nooooo

VFTM - hello! a strange coincidence - perhaps I should have got his autograph!?!

Dave said...

Just watch where I park my car in June!

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Is Dave visiting every blogger on his list in June? Is there any chance he might be going towards Yorkshire?

Dave said...

I am visiting six or seven bloggers from my sidebar this summer. I am afraid, Jane:

a) you do not appear on my sidebar - have we been introduced?

b) I am heading to crnwall and the South coast this year - not Yorkshire.

Anonymous said...

you're right to be afraid Dave, very afraid