Saturday, September 19, 2015

weather's here, wish you were wonderful

I have so many things on which to comment.
Firstly, if you live west of London do not try to go to an airport (sic) north of London on a Friday.
(Nor, for that matter, arrive back on a Friday and try to go home).
Especially do not try to go round the M25 in Friday rush hour. Do not try and go across London either when the traffic is at a standstill on the M25. Not if you want to stay sane and married.

If you do, you will find yourself running at top speed across the airport (sic), leaping the barriers and pleading with the great unwashed to let you through because your gate is closing.

Luton Airport (sic)
Don't go there.

It is staffed with the rude and the ignorant.
They don't like your see-through plastic bags because they don't seal at the top and you have to buy one for £1 from them while your gate is closing. Their car-park buses don't run on time, are overcrowded and you have to wait for 3 while your gate is closing. Their cashpoints don't work. Plus you have to go round the M25. I'm never going there again.



Istanbul
Loved it, loved it, loved it. All except the rugby, and that was definitely a try!
Unfortunately my camera had lost it's charge and the charger had lost it's plug. I took some photos on Himself's phone but haven't got a little thingy to down load them - I will attempt a bluetooth transfer later but I am a bluetooth virgin.

We went into the Blue Mosque which was incredibly beautiful and had fitted carpet (red floral, bit like my Mother's living room) throughout. Slightly disconcerting but warmer on the (bare) feet.

I ate a lot of Turkish delight too.


On Monday we then went to North Cyprus where we went in January and were so carried away by it all we bought a plot.

This time it had a house on it!

This is the back of it, which isn't the best view!


We chose bathroom fittings and kitchen cupboards and tiles and things; and the enormity of what we were doing kept washing over me and making me panic in a small way.



We hired a little jeep that wasn't, and took it up the Karpaz Peninsula to look for wild donkeys. (Well I was looking for wild donkeys, Himself was wondering how much excess he'd have to pay the car hirers as more bits kept falling off and it lost a couple of gears and sounded like a box of nails).




North Cyprus is very beautiful, but no longer unspoilt. The Turks are exceptionally friendly, helpful, funny and will rip you off with a smile. The beer is cheap and delicious, so is all fruit and veg especially citrus and olives. The seafood is to die for and the goatmeat is for leaving well alone.





Our house should be ready next year sometime, probably Easter. I'm really looking forward to spending more time over there, I just don't know where I'm going to put Freddie and co!
ILTV - this is the view from the house - there are mountains running down to the sea but they are lost in the mist - it's not a good photo, I'm rubbish, but it gives you some idea.

Dave - party next August!

9 comments:

I, Like The View said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

marvellous

I love Turkish Delight! did you have a Turkish bath? those are pretty good too. . . perhaps you could have a massuese (however it's spelt) delivered with the bathroom fittings!

I want to see the view from the house please

maybe you could persuade dave to look after the horses. . .

;-)

WELCOME BACK!!! we missed you!! well, I did

hope married life continues very well

:-)

Dave said...

Welcome home.

Will you be having a housewarming party at the new place?

andrea said...

A house in North Cyprus? You realise that I'll have to come over there and kill you now, don't you? If that doesn't work I'm willing to become the hired help and look after Freddy and company when you head off for your getaways in the sun.

I really do hate you. :)

dinahmow said...

Saw your comment at my place. Listen, girl! A woman who just married her dreamboat and went swanning off to Turkey AND Cyprus has no right to sulk!
But I am glad you had a delightful Turk oops! Turkish holiday.
I'd echo Andrea, but I'm even further away.
Welcome back.

Zig said...

ILTV - can't find a decent pic of view but it's FAB!

Dave - consider it organised - I wonder if the marquee will fit on the terrace??

A - don't kill me, come and stay instead then you will find that it's mad here (and there!). Your pictures were much admired btw.

Dinah - I'm expecting you too!

FirstNations said...

boy, poverty must suck!

how lucky you are and what a gorgeous place! never regret it, ever ever.

so...are you pregnant now????

*runs*

*FAST*

Romeo Morningwood said...

Let me get this straight..
Do not travel to the airport on the M25 on a Friday unless you are a 'gluton' (sic) for punishment and
the Blue Mosque has a Red carpet?

You bought a plot
but it is not
to bury your remains.
It has a home
where Asses roam
to shelter capital gains.

You like the food
Turks are not rude
like the twats who work at gluton.
Soon off you'll go
but Freddie and Co.
will have to practice schwimmon.

ouch!

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Luton Airport - dismal, dismal place. They direct you in to the airport from the M1, then direct you back out, past the motorway, to somewhere near Dunstable to park. The bus took the best part of 30 minutes to get to the terminal.

Turkey and Northern Cyprus, on the other hand, look delightful. Lucky old you.

Zig said...

FN - you know I only married him for his money! (snort)

HE - how lovely they've let you out and you're back with us, keep taking the medication by the sounds of you, you may need to up the dose a bit Hon.

Malc - welcome, I've just been to your blog to see who the devil you are, and a very interesting read it was too - you're very brave, or is it foolish??? Anyway I think I have just the thing for you, Freddie! How about it - he'd love it and he hates rabbits he sees them off all the time, mind you he hates pigs too, but hey you can't have it all ways, and to be honest you sound a big softie that he can mould to his way of thinking.