Saturday, September 19, 2015

smile at the birdy


My kids are with their dad, Himself’s kids are with their mum, he’s in London.

I’m all alone . . .

So I’m not cooking, or even eating. I’m drinking. A rather nice 2005 Monastrell and Pinot Noir Cava as it happens; and listening to The Song Remains the Same VERY LOUD. It reminds of Knebworth (1979) when life was more in-front than behind.

If I lived alone I’d be a thin alcoholic by next Tuesday.

There are worse things I could be I’m sure.

Jimmy Page was my hero – shame he’s fat now, if he’d married me like he was suppose to, he’d be thinner now.

Ho hum.

Still in the words (or something like them) of the indomitable First Nations -

You’re never too old to both flip people off and climb fences (even when a tad tiddly).


11 comments:

Mangonel said...

Time on one's own is a very sweet and precious thing.

And you are spending it blogging.

Betty said...

Really, you wouldn't want to have married Jimmy Page. All of the devil worshipping and kidnapping fourteen year old girls. Mind you, he was pretty cute, wasn't he?

If I tried to climb the fence in our garden, disaster would ensue.

dinahmow said...

My friend said that...right before she fell and broke her arm.Mind you, she blames the slightly tiddly bloke who was also trying to climb the fence. I don't know Jimmy Page. I am very old.

Zig said...

Mang - nope spent most of it watching the footie - that may be even sadder!

Betty at 14 I would have worshipped the devil to be kidnapped by him :)

Dinah - !!! I can't believe that - Led Zep? You MUST have heard of them! I think of you as a R&R chick!

Dave said...

I, of course, am too young and innocent to know about what it is you are talking.

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Is it just me or does Jim look a bit like simpering Chinese chef Ken Hom these days?

Knebworth was a strange old experience. Got very wet the night before, fell fast asleep in the arena at about 7am to be woken four hours later by Chas and Dave! Gave me quite a turn, I can tell you.

My mother-in-law used to do the ironing to Zep.

KAZ said...

Yeah - go for it!
Both Kev and my ex husband lost stones when they lived with me ... and took to the drink.

andrea said...

I was at Knebworth in 1979, too! I don't remember seeing you, though...

Zig said...

Dave - yes but your generation has raves - I hear they're quite the thing.

Malc - I can tell by your listening choices you had the same misspent youth - my children refer to me as a 70s reject which is a bit mean because I have heard of the Kaiser Chiefs, Scouting for Girls and Kate Nash even!

Kaz, Himself has taken to drink but has put on a stone - I can't be my cooking, he must be sneaking sustenance behind my back!

Andrea I missed both you and Malc but there were a few people there I seem to remember - weren't the loos dire!

dinahmow said...

Yes, Led Zeppelin I've heard of.So Mr. Page was one of them?
Look, I'm sorry to bang on about the generation gap, but let me set things straight:
I had a couple of beers with Paul McCartney's brother (from Skaffold) once. And I went with another girl to meet her then "true love" who was in Manfred Mann's band. And I was sort-of friendly with Manfred's brother who was not in the band.And I knew the guys who wrote a lot of songs for Smokie. And I worked in the same place as Kiri Te Kanawa.(Don't know her;knew her mum, though)
And my teenage years were hell because I preferred Sintara to Presley.

Romeo Morningwood said...

The song remains the same for me.
I spent a wild weekend with Samantha Fox and she told me that "she could never be with another man".
Sure enough she switched teams the next day.