Saturday, September 19, 2015

sing me those ol' laundry blues

First Born arrived home from Uni with a bag as big as her.

FB: “I have so much work to do ::sigh::”

ME: (somewhat sceptically) “goodness is that full of college work?”

FB: “What this?” pointing to ENORMOUS bag.

ME: (looking around theatrically) “yes, that small bag”

FB: “Eh? Oh no, this is washing. The trouble is mum I have too many pairs of knickers.”

ME: “????”

FB: ”Well it’s obvious, if I had less knickers I’d have to do washing more often”

Obviously.

6 comments:

Dave said...

I couldn't possibly comment.

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

FB's comment makes perfect sense to me. I have the same problem ...

Betty said...

At least this isn't as bad as someone I knew years ago who returned from university and declared that he was glad to be back at home because his mother could do his laundry: he'd been wearing the same clothes for the last sixteen weeks.

Euhh.

I, Like The View said...

what does "?????" sound like!

when CH returns from a business trip abroad and leaves a neat little hotel laundry bag stuffed with dirty laundry next to the washing machine, I leave the next little laundry bag next to the washing machine. . .

Ces Adorio said...

Hah! The laundry always finds it way home. I'm with Firstborn - more clothes, fewer laundering times but you have to carry the dirty laundry with a bulldozer.

I, Like The View said...

I'm only doing the BVs, OK?

Now Mr. Wu was a laundry man in a shop with an old green door.
He'll iron all day your linen away, he really makes me sore.
He's lost his heart to a Chinese girl and his laundry's all gone wrong.
All day he'll flirt and scorch your shirt, that's why I'm singing this song.
Oh Mr. Wu, what shall I do, I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry Blues.

This funny feeling keeps round me stealing
Oh won’t you throw your sweetheart over do.
My vest's so short that it won't fit my little brother.
And my new Sunday shirt has got a perforated rudder.
Mr. Wu, what shall I
I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry Blues.

Now Mr. Wu, he's got a naughty eye that flickers.
You ought to see it wobble when he's ironing ladies blouses.
Mr. Wu, what shall I do, I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry Blues.
Now Mr. Wu, he's got a laundry kind of tricky,
He'll starch my shirts and collars but he'll never touch my waistcoat..
Mr. Wu, what shall I do, I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry Blues.