Someone referred to me as middle-aged. Well s/he wasn’t referring to me really but I took to mean me because I do like to jump on the bandwagon of self deprecation where possible.
Then I realized s/he was right even if s/he wasn't referring to me.
That’s the trouble with blogger – it makes you think too much!
And it makes you realize the limits of your abilities and how many clever and interesting people there are out there that you don’t know and will probably never know. Meanwhile you have to put up with the village idiot next door who can’t manage the intricacies of his wheelie-bin and the fact that “please close the gate” means don’t leave it open.
It was decidedly shocking to realize that there are probably less years ahead than I’ve already experienced. Even though witches live to be at least 200.
AAARRRGGHHHHHHH! And they’re going so fast this side of the hill!
In a countermove I have decided to look into the theory of relativity as an anti aging device. There is much evidence in E = mc2 that the faster you move the slower time travels. That sounds like just the job don’t you think?
As from tomorrow I’m going to start walking faster – and driving faster (despite the 6 points) – and eating faster – and spending faster – and drinking faster –andtypingfasterandleavingoutanythingunnecessarythat
couldwaste precioussecondsandslowthewhole
processdowndon’twait formeI’mplanning
ongettingtoyesterday
beforeyou!
Then I realized s/he was right even if s/he wasn't referring to me.
That’s the trouble with blogger – it makes you think too much!
And it makes you realize the limits of your abilities and how many clever and interesting people there are out there that you don’t know and will probably never know. Meanwhile you have to put up with the village idiot next door who can’t manage the intricacies of his wheelie-bin and the fact that “please close the gate” means don’t leave it open.
It was decidedly shocking to realize that there are probably less years ahead than I’ve already experienced. Even though witches live to be at least 200.
AAARRRGGHHHHHHH! And they’re going so fast this side of the hill!
In a countermove I have decided to look into the theory of relativity as an anti aging device. There is much evidence in E = mc2 that the faster you move the slower time travels. That sounds like just the job don’t you think?
As from tomorrow I’m going to start walking faster – and driving faster (despite the 6 points) – and eating faster – and spending faster – and drinking faster –andtypingfasterandleavingoutanythingunnecessarythat
couldwaste precioussecondsandslowthewhole
processdowndon’twait formeI’mplanning
ongettingtoyesterday
beforeyou!
14 comments:
Good lord! Next week, in my book, I shall be posting an episode that I wrote yesterday, that explains the time shifting because of speed. Please don't think that I've pinched the idea here.
As far as I'm concerned, 35 is the ½way stage to 3 score years and 10, so I'm just middle-aged now.
good grief! it'll be over before it's begun at that rate
I so want to write calm down, but then I'll sound like a car insurance advert. . .
have you had that circular email about life going backwards?
who called you middle aged? it wasn't me (she writes, hoping it wasn't) I thought I said I thought you were about 25. . .
seriously, I did! (think you were about 25)
am I just digging myself a HUGE hole?
One day my husband went to a birthday party. A little girl told him that she was in second grade. My husband wanting to make conversation told her that he was in second grade many years ago. The little girl replied "I know". My husband asked how she knew and she replied
"You have wrinkles."
If the middle-aged reference is the one to which I think you refer, it was said by a 25 year-old imaginary character about another imaginary character (with red hair). So someone could hardly have been getting at you, could they?
ah Dave, facing facts is never easy no matter how they are presented. However twas not a dig merely a realisation (by me) that I had something else in common with the imaginary character with red hair. Just wish I also had those imaginary brains!
Spending faster. I like the sound of that.
o snot and bugger - why has all my text gone black???
perhaps it's to match my mood or heart
grrrrr
once i was consulting at work with a great guy named shaun. i said something and he said, "yes, my mother thinks that too". i said back, "shaun, what does your mother have to do with this". he said, "well, you're about the same age.."
THUD! WHAT! i had never thought of that before.
:)
Andrea, Hi - yes spending on art too! In fact I won't have earned what I've spent already until 2057.
KJ - it#s a horrible shock innit!
Now tell me - can you see the font in the post in colour? Here on my laptop it has gone black but when I had a peak on Himself's it was colour! Somebody tell me why this is pleeeeeease!
Yes it's colour here. Perhaps you've got a black and white laptop.
it's in glorious colour
and there is a cat too, I'm sure there wasn't a cat before
*confused*
that's Dolce - she was sick on the kitchen floor this morning and Himself found it via a bare foot.
::snigger::
Wasn't Einstein pretty much finished by the age of 23 after his brain came up with his big theory...I would like to save a little synaptic power for my Cialis/Viagara Years..
atleast have enough noodle power to sneak out of the old folks home and get some action whenever I popped back into this world from the 'magical memory kingdom' where I shall be KING and eat brownies all day long.
Oooh, Ziggi! Your (and Einstein's) theory is working. I flew west across a three hours time zone yesterday and here I am commenting on your earlier post. By my calculations, I have just rewound my clock and have about an extra week to live.
This should give me enough time to catch up on all the blogs I missed while in NZ.
Post a Comment