
Even though I am 105 I’m not very mature.
(Although my skin is starting to admit to being over the yardarm and bits of me need a good iron and stronger elastic, and also (and isn’t it a complete bind) I suddenly can’t see close up!)
Where was I?
Ah yes being adult, I just don’t seem to have it in me.
I still walk on walls, do cartwheels in the park (I haven’t got anywhere flat in my garden), splash in puddles and use the wrong vocabulary for a grown up.
Himself, who was born an old soul, finds me equally endearing and embarrassing and completely untrustworthy when it comes to keeping my mouth shut at ‘official’ function type things.
The words are out before the brain is anywhere near.
At the last do we went to, the chap I was seated next to pointed out to me the shininess of the Chief Constable's shoes. These were patent leather dress shoes and they were very, very shiny.
“It’s so he can look up ladies' skirts” I said in that deathly lull you get in conversations.
Poor Himself.
The direness of my sadly lacking adultness was brought home to me just now, by reading a comment on the blog of MM.
The commenter commented that when requesting a bottle of water, she was asked, with or without bubbles? (Or to quote exactly “avec ou sans bulles” – (now see, isn’t that just wonderful? I love that - if it had been me, I'd have said OOOOO lovely, beaucoup les bubbles please!)) The commenter however, was less amused as she was “an adult for goodness sake”.
(I hope if she reads this, she won’t be offended. None is intended!)
Me, I think ‘bubbles’ is a GREAT (onomatopoeic) word.
I LOVE bubbles. In water, in wine, in tonic, in the bath, in chocolate, in the air. I love blowing them and can never resist buying those little pots with the
bubble wands.
Avec les bulles pour moi every time s’il vous plait!

11 comments:
Brilliant!
What a serendipstick World, Ziggi!. You are "Bubble Girl" mentioned in Geoff's latest post!
I'm so glad you translated that for me as I felt very thick!blush
My excuse is that my language O-level is Latin ...
Interesting. When I've drunk sparkling water in Tunisia (French-speaking as well as Arabic) and Italy I have dicovered that both call it aqua en (French) or con (Italian) gas (possibly gasse).
I don't like flat cold drinks. Sparkling water or tonic for me please, when I come to visit you. Perhaps not in my Earl Grey though.
Murph - hello, I had a dog for a day this week - it was lovely. I hate to admit it but as a military brat we took great pleasure in defacing the 'ban the bomb' graffiti by adding a G!
MM and then I spelt 'avec' wrong! How embarrassing. (learnt to spell that off Murph's blog)
Dave - you can have bubbles where ever you would like them - fizzy scones are a house speciality.
Dave I think when we were in Italy they referred to fizzy water as fizante. Italy is lovely isn't it?!
i love bubble blowing! if you add a little glycerine to dishwashing liquid soap, it makes the most enormous, long lasting bubbles too!
Ziggi, please don't "grow up." We wall-walkers and bubble-blowers must stick together.Too many fuddy-duds in this world.
And I'm drawing a wicked cartoon in my mind of the CC's shiny shoes!
I suppose "Bang the Bomb" is avec more onomatopoeia!
I'm dreaming dreams,
I'm scheming schemes, I'm building castles high.
They're born anew, their days are few,
Just like a sweet butterfly.
And as the daylight is dawning,
They come again in the morning!
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
Nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams
They fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.
When shadows creep,
When I'm asleep,
To lands of hope I stray!
Then at daybreak,
When I awake,
My bluebird flutters away..
"Happiness, you seem so near me,
Happiness, come forth and cheer me!"
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
Nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams
They fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.
*blows a big kiss too*
i'm proud to say i'm immature and pleasantly inappropriate also. keep it up ziggi. that's how you get to live so long.
re that corny saying: "angels fly because they take themselves lightly". it must be true for witches too.
:)
Ziggi, this is one of my favorite posts. Please don't grow up. I love the way you are. And yes! it's true, I tried that patent leather test with my heels and if not for my increasingly blurred vision, I would have noticed all the reflections. I wish I were a witch also. Witches are cool.
And by the way, you can always come to dinner with my party. We need to jolt the stiffs and the bores around us.
Post a Comment