I’m just turning into my drive when the phone goes.
I root in my handbag one handed while I park, see it’s First Born and answer it.
Because I’m a woman and can multi task, I listen to FB while I gather my stuff together.
I’m just getting out of the car, still listening to the life and times of M&S Food Hall (not just any food hall) when I realise that I can’t see my phone in my handbag.
I check my pockets one-handedly whilst agreeing that it is very annoying that people don’t have their money ready at the till.
“Shit” I say whilst looking under the seat in case it’s slipped out of my bag during the journey home.
“What is it?” says FB
“I think I’ve lost my phone! I’m sure I had it when I left work – bugger what the hell have I done with it?!”
“Is it the one you’re talking on?”
Shoot me now.
11 comments:
you're cracking me up here!!
you're glasses are on your head. though you'd like to know.
You'll be OK, just wave your wand and it will be all right.
It's like Chaucer's Bitch said...I've walked around looking for my glasses when I've had them on all the time.
I've agonized looking for the TV remote when I've had it right in my hand.
I've shampooed my hair a second time in the shower before realizing I had just finished doing it.
Sh*t happens. Just smile at it and let it go. Remember, you've been around for 105 years.
Even witches -- very very very good witches -- feel the effects of life. :-)
I think it's a sign of a healthy imagination.
Did you think you were having a witchy thought swapping conversation with FB? That's quite understandable ...
That was hilarious! On the upside, you now have FB terrified she's going to turn into you.
you're having one of MY days, is what the problem is.
welcome to menopause.
I'm sorry.
on the upside, mild hrt is a MIRACLE.
BANG
(only kidding)
;-)
(oh, and on that other topic - just the one. . . OUCH indeed, but just you wait for the rest to arrive)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh Ziggi, this is precious!
You are so adorable.
Great post! Very very funny.
Only just arrived and no idea whether you're 'that special age' but just in case, be cautious with hrt. Yes it can work wonders, but it can also make you put on weight really easily. And that doesn't just fall off the way it arrived when you stop the pills.
Shoot me, too. I can *so* relate! Hilarious, Zig.
Post a Comment