I am feeling very emotional (ly unbalanced)
I would like to visit violence upon someone; I would like it very much. I have assorted various persons in mind that would suit the purpose admirably, but actually it’s the violence I want and the person is pretty much immaterial as long as I don’t like them enough to work up a really good cathartic rage.
I feel pretty much extremely (insert emotion here) a great deal of the time these days; a simple remark said in the wrong tone or with the wrong inflection can have me visualising their head in a vice, sharp knives between the ribs, large bricks from a height, or will simply reduce me to sobs.
It’s very unnerving for one such as I, blessed as I am with a sunny, well balanced disposition and a ready smile.
Probably, being the age I am, it’s just a natural occurrence and I will learn to love with the fact I’m either laughing hysterically, crying morbidly, screaming manically, wide awake from 2 am to 6am, asleep at my desk at 10 am, much, much, much too hot, bloody freezing, dying of thirst, demanding chocolate, feeling sick, and generally being just a teensy bit ‘difficult'. Course, from this side I feel perfectly normal and if he says it’s my h o r m o n e s again, I will kill him.
19 comments:
Sometimes, it's hard to be a woman ...
...what with all those hormanes and everything..
That was, of course, hor moans. I was thinking of your horses.
It's the Dave Eastrogen that's affecting me.
Poor Ziggi!
Firstly...have you done the bunny test to prove you are/are not in the pudding club?
If you're not preggers, then I'm afraid you have joined the Oldies' Club.Welcome aboard; we have a secure arsenal here; spare weapons if you need them.
It's really not fair, is it, that some of us actually turn quite nasty as we navigate the shoals of middle age!
PS How is Sooze?
I'm not saying anything because whatever I say would be the wrong thing...
not only that but it more than likely be insensitive and annoying..
no worse than annoying,
it would be like totally f*%$@#n' insanely aggravating!
In fact you would prolly get so mad that you'd break into one of the secret hangers where they mothballed the Concordes and hotwire one..
because stealing a Concorde would still be the fastest way to get over here and start choking me with your bare hands!!!
Am I Right?
*Stands very still, and says nothing*
AND I've got 3 spots - I never had spots as a teenager! Why Now?!
grrrrrrrrrrrrr
*quietly leaves room, aware that Ziggi travels with a bomb 'because statistically it's safer'*
THAT'S RIGHT AND DON'T FORGET IT
Oh, snap out of it, and stop feeling so damned sorry for yourself. Think of others worse off than yourself - Jenny Seagrove springs to mind.
Uh...what do I say to make Ziggi feel better...oh, nevermind...how could a guy understand anyway...
Jenny Seagrove? What's she got to bother her eh? She's older than me though, that helps...
or does that make it worse??
boo hoo hoo hoo
I don't feel like snapping out of it - so I shan't, won't, can't, don't, whatever blah blah blah
and today I have a headache
it's not your hormones, it's not your hormones, it's not your hormones...
Menopause is such a misleading word...don't you think?
Why wouldn't they have called it femopause?
Please try to be gentle with Himself as you venture through this period of...unpredictability?
;-)
Breaking news!!! Blogger seems to be in a hormonal flux of its own.
As soon as I can feed the blighter some HRT pills I'll write a new post on my site.
ziggi, feel free to throw eggs anywhere you want, as hard as you want.
:)
It can't be your age or your hormones. I feel just like you describe pretty much most of the time too. It's only our naturally sunny dispositions that keep us from murder.
HA!
Ziggi, I have been there done that, worse than that, in fact. I think the jokes about women going through this kind of hell makes other women think it is something to accept. I finally did talk to my Gyn and he (yes a He) helped me go through it, but incidentally among other things, stay away from chocolate - WHAT?!!! I said to him. I was so glad that I found the cause and then was able to deal with it in many ways. Yes, I am sorry to say it is hormones not necessarily menopausal, perimenopausal etc. Some women are just intense throughout their fecund years. Talk to your doctor and tell her/him exactly what you posted here. A good one will understand and help you. :-)
Post a Comment