Saturday, September 19, 2015

idle wondering

Do people who get annoyed with other people who go on about their children get annoyed with people who go on about their ponies?

I guess they do, so if you're one of those, piss off now, because here's a picture of Freddie and farrier (Simon) who has lifted the ASBO!

He was such a good boy, and Freddie was great too.

And less she feel left out because she's always good, here's Fern. And it's much harder for Fern to be good because the first farrier I had hurt her and frightened her very badly, as a consequence she hates men. She makes an exception for Simon because she likes the shampoo he uses and he's always kind to her. He's promised to do her hooves pink next time.


I didn't take a picture of Suze having her feet done because I ride her barefoot and I'd worn her hooves down to bloody stumps so she didn't need doing.

12 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

They are so cute.
I think that it is amazing that a prey animal can ever fully trust a predator enough to let it hold their leg and bang away on their hoof.

To think that it took tens of thousands of years for Humans to figure out that horses were more fun to ride than they were to....
(ahem)

You must be very proud.

dinahmow said...

Ziggi, pet...it's 5 am and I have had only half a cup of coffee and no breakfast. I cannot be expected , in this state, do do compound interest, conjugate French irregular verbs or know what the heck the farrier lifted!
But the back lighting on Suze is lovely!
(My friend's daughter is an equine dentist.But she's 'way oop north so there's no point in my telling you, is there? I'll go and have another coffee...)

Zig said...

Donn it is amazing that they learn to trust people and it's a privilege. There's not many things more beautiful than a horse.

Dinah, he lifted the ASBO (anti social behaviour order) - Freddie has become a star, not that he was ever really naughty, just shall we say cautious and prone to keeping his options open about what was expected of him.

I, Like The View said...

Freddie is HUGE!! (unless Simon is very small. . .)

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Fred's quite a beast, isn't he? If he had an ASBO why isn't he wearing a hoodie?

One theory about the human/horse relationship is that they see us (or at least the ones they trust) as protectors from predators. Many horses are scared of pigs (a prehistoric predator) but Teddy (for example) is fine with ours if I'm around.

Zig said...

iltv - he's quite little! Fern and Suze are bigger.

malc - he's a reformed character so he's ditched the hoody.

KAZ said...

You have to 'go on about your ponies' because they can't go on about themselves.
Children are a completely different matter!

Moominmama said...

feel free to go on about the ponies; i like hearing about them.

do tell us about the dental visit, do!

Zig said...

Kaz - my children and Himself's are coming home today - if you're really lucky I'll post pictures of the part where having got over the excitement of seeing them, I'm already fed up with the mess, the fact I can't watch what I like, the disappearing vodka, the dirty washing, the wet towels on the floor and I can't wait to take them back to the station.

CB the dentist was scary!

Ponita in Real Life said...

Ziggi, your horses are lovely.... I have one myself over here in Canada but he is not nearly as hefty as yours - he's part Arabian and part Paint.... but is a wonderful character and a joy to ride. I hope yours give you as much pleasure just by being themselves as mine does.... my Thunder loves my farrier - always has to smell his back - will stand there with his nose planted on Rob's back, just inhaling. Don't know if that is because by the time the farrier gets to my place, he already smells like a bunch of other horses...

Carmenzta said...

I enjoy your pony pictures and stories and boy am I glad I was not the only one who didn't know what ASBO means!

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

They're babes!

The grey Mare is another who cuddles into the farrier. She thinks he smells fab!