Saturday, September 19, 2015

horse shouting

I have been on here bemoaning Freddie before I know and I apologise for boring you. But, the git has trompled all over my newly seeded grass. I reseeded (actually Himself reseeded) but I (me, myself, I) fenced a section of the field that was devoid of pasture specifically, and only, for the benefit of Freddie and Fern. The very least one could expect was that it would be left to grow. But oh no; Freddie objected to the fencing and has removed it. He has run amok all over the little seedlings until it is but mud and has distributed the fence posts to all continents. Not only that, he has worked out how to remove the hose from the water trough so that when I went to top it up this morning I flooded the neighbourhood before I noticed. To add insult to injury while I was berating him he stole one of my new cashmere gloves from my pocket, legged it over the field and I can’t find it anywhere – he probably ate it, the bastard.

Horse burger anyone?

8 comments:

kj said...

i would like to see some photos of your life, ziggi--not necessarily your face but your surroundings. i already know i like your life, because i like your spirit so much.

heehaw.....

:)

dinahmow said...

Ooh, naughty Freddie. I have a riding crop you can borrow.(I think it's still in the velvet-lined box with black winkle- picker boots and some handcuffs.)

dinahmow said...

the handcuffs wouldn't fit Freddie. Of course.

Zig said...

kj - it's mostly muddy!

dm - I'm seeing you in a slightly different light now . . .

Freddie though, would laugh in the face of your riding crop (and other apparel) and probably bite the end off.

I, Like The View said...

cashmere gloves!! wow, you're a witch like no witch I've met before

presumably Freddie, like the rest of us, thought that the grass on the other side of the fence was greener. . .

a good lesson perhaps, that if you try and find out, and get too excited, it just turns to mud


ho hum!

(I'm liking this post's label)

Rog said...

What is it with Freddies eh? He'll be getting drunk and falling off a Pedelo next.

Dave said...

I see from The Times today that a horse had to be rescued from a caravan, which he had entered in search of food. Was it yours?

Anonymous said...

ILTV - I misled you I'm sorry, put it down to asphasia - they are/were angora not cashmere!

Murph - his kennel club name (or horse equivalent) is Ashurst Ultimate Flintoff which is why we call him Freddie and why he's like he is I guess!

Dave - Freddie would not get stuck in a caravan - there might not be much left of a caravan after he'd finished with it but getting stuck is not something he believes in.