He might as well go, because England are totally useless, and barely worth watching. I expect the Ozzies to clobber Wilkinson about 4 times in the first quarter, and win by at least 25 points.
well you're wrong so far, those bloody cheating scrum collapsing Ozzies are only ahead because the french ref is biased and they can't play fairly - I fully expect us to kick the shit out of them in the next 1/2 hour!
"shall we cheer for France?" Wash your mouth, Vicar! Well, the great Mr.W. had a wobbly boot for a while, but he came good eventually. As I write this, my ex-playing man is watching the 'Blacks clobber les grenuoilles. Have to agree with Vicus that both teams were less-than-brilliant. Must get back to the game...
(You do remember that I am from across the ditch and therefore don't give a fig about the Aus Mob?)
OK...here's the way I see it...the 'boks to perform some winning magic.Not sure I care to predict the score, but I think they'll take it. I thought of your household when I heard the United result, Ziggi. My happiest moment thus far? When Moses (Fiji capt) said how proud he was of his boys and ACTUALLY THANKED EVERYONE, INCLUDING FRANCE for their support. Now that's how things should be.
WW - Hockey schmockey - watch the Rugby, it's great! Unless you happened to watch the Fiji v Scotland match which was truly awful!
CB - YAE - next Saturday which is a bit problematic for me as I'm a tad busy - will just have to throw out the rellies and turn on the telly - bad timing really on our part!
Dinah - yep I think ZA will make mincemeat of Fiji and they've already squished us, but Jonny wasn't playing then so . . . I hope we can do it again.
ILTV I wish your band could be here next saturday! Today I have realised I don't have enough glasses and haven't done anything about music!
dear zigs - that would have been kind of fun (but there are 12 of us + sound guy + lighting guy, so that's 14 extra glasses!)
however:
. . .send out a handy chum to his/her nearest Waitrose or Threshers to hire the glasses
. . .phone your best muso friend and get them to spend an evening assembling a fab selection of dancing music on their iPod, get them to bring it and plug it into your/Himself's stereo, and then turn it up REALLY REALLY LOUD
Bob's your uncle! and if he's not, that's one less glass to worry about
:-)
the other solution to one of these problems is to have people drink out of bottles thru straws. . .
or, get everyone to lie down and open their mouths and hire hand maidens or hand hunks to just pour the alcohol down people's throats. . .
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are all probably discussing "the sport of soccer." Well, leave me out of the discussion because as you all know I'm clueless (on soccer, okay on other stuff too). But I CAN say with 53 years of experience that Johnny is very easy on the eyes. Sigh. If I was just 30 years younger...
25 comments:
He might as well go, because England are totally useless, and barely worth watching. I expect the Ozzies to clobber Wilkinson about 4 times in the first quarter, and win by at least 25 points.
well you're wrong so far, those bloody cheating scrum collapsing Ozzies are only ahead because the french ref is biased and they can't play fairly - I fully expect us to kick the shit out of them in the next 1/2 hour!
Yes, I was wrong, I am happy to say.
Still think both teams are below average.
I am wrong every four or five years.
It is what makes me human.
You can breathe again Ziggi!!!!!
oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
YAAAYYYYAAAAAYYYYAAAYYYAAAYYY
Mind you, Jonny wasn't up to much.
Still.
ENGLAND 12 - AUSTRALIA 10.
That's all that counts in the end, isn't it?
Jonny was brilliant - the wind was awkward (la mistral)- unfortunately it's either France or the All Blacks next!
So, shall we cheer for France tonight?
I don't think they have a hope but then many thought we didn't - it's a dificult one isn't it!?
"shall we cheer for France?" Wash your mouth, Vicar!
Well, the great Mr.W. had a wobbly boot for a while, but he came good eventually.
As I write this, my ex-playing man is watching the 'Blacks clobber les grenuoilles.
Have to agree with Vicus that both teams were less-than-brilliant.
Must get back to the game...
(You do remember that I am from across the ditch and therefore don't give a fig about the Aus Mob?)
Oh Dinah!!
What was that about less than brilliant??
Yes, it rather looks as if the Antipodes have given their best and it wasn't good enough for Europe.
Now we'll have to thrash the Frogs instead.
By the way, I do hope your wedding isn't going to clash with any important rugby fixtures.
Dave it's a real worry! How to kick everyone out by 8!
Answers on a postcard!
Also, in deference to Himself, Manu beat Wigan 4:0
that was good too.
Man U
(he won't be turning up at this rate!)
I want to watch a hockey game.
ENGLAND V. FRANCE SEMI!!!!!!
OK...here's the way I see it...the 'boks to perform some winning magic.Not sure I care to predict the score, but I think they'll take it.
I thought of your household when I heard the United result, Ziggi.
My happiest moment thus far? When Moses (Fiji capt) said how proud he was of his boys and ACTUALLY THANKED EVERYONE, INCLUDING FRANCE for their support.
Now that's how things should be.
the band does a rather fab rendition of Johnnie B Goode, but I suspect you're singing to a different score sheet, aren't you?
;-)
WW - Hockey schmockey - watch the Rugby, it's great! Unless you happened to watch the Fiji v Scotland match which was truly awful!
CB - YAE - next Saturday which is a bit problematic for me as I'm a tad busy - will just have to throw out the rellies and turn on the telly - bad timing really on our part!
Dinah - yep I think ZA will make mincemeat of Fiji and they've already squished us, but Jonny wasn't playing then so . . .
I hope we can do it again.
ILTV I wish your band could be here next saturday! Today I have realised I don't have enough glasses and haven't done anything about music!
Mincemeat of the Argies not Fiji (it's the worry about the glasses!)
(That was a rubbish game wasn't it, Scotland V Argentina rubbish rubbish rubbish)
dear zigs - that would have been kind of fun (but there are 12 of us + sound guy + lighting guy, so that's 14 extra glasses!)
however:
. . .send out a handy chum to his/her nearest Waitrose or Threshers to hire the glasses
. . .phone your best muso friend and get them to spend an evening assembling a fab selection of dancing music on their iPod, get them to bring it and plug it into your/Himself's stereo, and then turn it up REALLY REALLY LOUD
Bob's your uncle! and if he's not, that's one less glass to worry about
:-)
the other solution to one of these problems is to have people drink out of bottles thru straws. . .
or, get everyone to lie down and open their mouths and hire hand maidens or hand hunks to just pour the alcohol down people's throats. . .
:-O
so very, very lost...
but wishing i could be there to wish you every good thing for the rest of your lives!
i'd even drink out of a bowl like a cat.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are all probably discussing "the sport of soccer." Well, leave me out of the discussion because as you all know I'm clueless (on soccer, okay on other stuff too). But I CAN say with 53 years of experience that Johnny is very easy on the eyes. Sigh. If I was just 30 years younger...
Dear FN and Carmy - thank you - only panicking in a small way
aaaarrrggghhhhhhh
Post a Comment