Poor Fern - she got a piece of wood, about the diameter of a pencil and about 1/2 inch long wedge in her hoof. (how? how? how?) In the end the vet had to come and dig it out (on a Sunday aarrghh!) she said of all the things she's taken out of horse's hooves a piece of wood is not one of them! Unfortunately it had become infected and Fern now has a big hole that needs a poultice to draw out the infection. All good expensive fun!
It would appear that the cost of having horses is about the same as leasing Pandas from China!
I hope that Fern enjoys giving rides to all of those snotty nosed crying city kids in order to pay you back. I don't suppose that Freddie will be much help at the Fairground? .. especially wearing his Equestrian version of the Hannibal Lecter restraint.
13 comments:
Did Freddie stand on it?
Did you have to take her to the Pinksmith's?
Oh no - poison foot?
Ain't vet wrap the best thing ever?
Did I tell you yet how much I've been enjoying your blog lately -- and not with a little envy over the horses, pink shoes and beautiful gardens.
Keep making me envious. I'm enjoying the agony. :)
Well, is it pink or green? Make up your mind, your witchness. Or did Fern insist on the change?
Poor Fern - she got a piece of wood, about the diameter of a pencil and about 1/2 inch long wedge in her hoof. (how? how? how?) In the end the vet had to come and dig it out (on a Sunday aarrghh!) she said of all the things she's taken out of horse's hooves a piece of wood is not one of them! Unfortunately it had become infected and Fern now has a big hole that needs a poultice to draw out the infection.
All good expensive fun!
MM - I know that apostrophe is in the wrong place! Put it down to the stress!
bigs hugs to the horses
are you sure that piece of wood didn't come out of a broomstick that went astray?
am looking forward to a zingy yellow dressing next. . .
(your labels always make me laugh soooooooooo much!!)
green again today! I have asked the vet for zingy yellow - she says she'll have a look!
Thanks for hugs!
xx
It would appear that the cost of having horses is about the same as leasing Pandas from China!
I hope that Fern enjoys giving rides to all of those snotty nosed crying city kids in order to pay you back. I don't suppose that Freddie will be much help at the Fairground?
.. especially wearing his Equestrian version of the Hannibal Lecter restraint.
Poor Fern.And poor (as in poverty-stricken!)Ziggi. Vet wrap also comes in purple.
Get well soon, Fern.
Poor Fern! Oh but she is so stylish!
oh, poor fern.
Post a Comment