Saturday, September 19, 2015

eat drink and be fat


One of the very many things I’m not good at is eating healthily. I have been extremely lucky that all my life I could eat whatsoever I pleased and stayed the same size. As I stuffed in cream cakes and chocolate by the ton, my fellow workers would comment on the fact that one day it would all catch up with me. And indeed they were right. It has. It’s a shame really that I’m not in touch with any of them or they could now gloat. An under-rated emotion that would give them some real pleasure, the miserable bunch of tossers.

Over the last very few years I have steadily increased in girth at a slow but steady rate from an English size 8 to more than a size 10. I have more curves and wobbly bits than are strictly necessary and worse still they are all much more susceptible to the earth’s gravitational pull than is fair or called for. I can only consider going on top with the light off nowadays.

So I finally decided that pre honeymoon (starts Sunday) I must tone up and slim down. I have been being good (ish) now (except for the London Tapas bit) for about 3 weeks (it’s the least fun I’ve ever had on voluntary basis) and have lost a miserly 5lbs (the maths way – ask Kaz). I expect I can make that up in the first 5 minutes. Himself thinks I’m mad and has continued to eat and drink copious amounts in front of me and encouraged me, nay forced me, to eat a bag of Maltesers the other evening.

So today, in honour of St Val, he bought me a large box of chocolates, 3 bars of fruit and nut, some toffee popcorn and the DVD of Atonement so he can ogle that thin actress.

Is this true love?


Snowdrops at the bottom of my garden, no fairies.

9 comments:

andrea said...

Happy V Day, Zig. I'm right there with you but haven't had the nerve to weigh myself yet...

The Quacks of Life said...

if he hadn't bought them.....

The Quacks of Life said...

oh meant to say that actress is way too skinny

Dave said...

Poor Freddie.

KAZ said...

Leave the chocs 'til you come back and ogle James McAvoy.

Carmenzta said...

Yes, that is love, Zig... I say get on top with whatever kind of light there is, after all, no one is perfect and the day must be, ummm, seized!

dinahmow said...

Need to lose weight? Forget Jenny Craig, Tony Ferguson et al. Get yourself out to my place and a couple of days rowing a boat, sweeping rubbish, raking gravel, shovelling mud should see you down-sized in no time. Me? Oh,I'll be relaxing with some wicked-dark chocolate and a glass of vino.I've done my share.(And then some!)
PS It's still r-ing

Mangonel said...

Jane Asher dribbles washing up liquid over food she doesn't want to eat.



Actually I found this delicious chocolate-flavoured washing-up liquid . . .

Zig said...

A - if I wasn't intending to eat vast amounts in the next 2 weeks I sincerely wouldn't bother!

P - flowers are less fattening and have the same effect, and having now watched the film, aren't her shoulders W I D E? ha!

D - not an accurate description

Kaz, he's grown up a lot since shameless, and mmmmmmmmmmmm!

C - noooooo i catch glipses of flesh I never knew I had and look what it does to your face!

D - I do that already! I have shovelled more sh*t and mud this last year than can technically exist and has it made a difference HA! bugger all. (It better not be R ing in NY or anywhere at all in the Caribbean!)

M - well funny you should say that I did once put fairy lemon zest on some salmon steaks by mistake but it tasted fine!