Saturday, September 19, 2015

city lights

What a wonderful weekend!

We have been to the Capital City of this fair land don’t you know.

On a train which was exciting because I don’t often go on trains although Himself does and he knows all about catching them and where to buy your ticket and which platform you have to stand on and stuff.

And when we got there we went on the underground and he’d bought me an Oyster card which I put in my glove and then it looked like magic when I just waved my hand at the little yellow tap-in-tap-out button and the gates opened.

We went to the Theatre to see Blood Brothers which is a very depressing story but had some very funny bits and a terrible ending which made me howl which was a bit embarrassing. The lead was Lyn Paul. She used to be a New Seeker and Himself pretended he’d never heard of them on account of only being born in the 70s so I had to hit him.

We had a nice hotel in Bayswater but the room smelt of smoke and the electricity hummed and cars drove by all night and it was bloody cold still it had nice soap.

The next day we went to Himself’s brother’s for lunch which was very nice and posh. They’re barristers and they’re posh sorts of people barristers; and they live in London all the time and they don’t eat crisps out of the bag they put them in hand-cut-lead-crystals-bowls. Bit like me really, indeed if I had a hand-cut-lead-crystal-dish I would certainly put my crisps in it.

And then we went to Vinopolis for a wine tasting which was a wedding present. We tried wine from India, Thailand, Georgia, and China. I liked the gin cocktail at the end best – Bombay Gin (my current favourite), Cointreau, Cranberry Juice, slice of lime, large glass – yummy.

Then we walked along the South Bank to Meza
Where we had 10 different types of tapas because we’re not good at making decisions and then we couldn’t move. We eventually caught a bus (you can use your magic glove on the buses too) back to the smelly hotel and collapsed in large painfully gluttonous heaps only to find out we’d lost the rugby to Wales of all people – how did that happen? At least we didn’t lose the football.

On Sunday morning we went to Covent Garden and to the Lyceum and bought 6 tickets to see the Lion King on Easter Sunday.

So then we were broke so we came home.

Freddie was in the vicarage garden when we got chez nous so we had a little fencing activity and then we went to bed and today it was back to work as if nothing exciting had happened at all.

How was your weekend?

Oh yes we did this because it was my birthday and Himself also bought me a Hot Air Balloon flight to do in March. I think it’s because he failed to lose me in London so he’s trying a different tack.

22 comments:

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

I assume he's got you well insured.

Lyn Paul? She must be at least 70.

Kathryn said...

That all sounds lovely, Ziggi! What an exciting weekend!

KAZ said...

I particularly like the sound of those Tapas.
So glad you had a good time - you have inspired me to start dropping hints for my birthday - only 8 months to go.

Moominmama said...

*whew!*

i'm out of breath just reading that!

i like to go to stores that have automatically opening doors on motion sensors. i wave my hand to make the door open and pretend i'm a jedi.

dinahmow said...

Cymru am bydd!
Happy birthday, old thing.
Has Freddie taken Holy Orders.

I, Like The View said...

happy birthday lovely ziggi

sounds fab!

(my mother was a Seeker's fan, and then had to do a sideways shift to The New Seekers. . .)(I took two Small Peeps to see Spamalot which featured someone who had once been a vet and a Doctr Who and now has a very portly middle aged spread - or maybe that was part of the constume)

Freddie never fails to make me laugh

love 'n' hugs 'n' stuff

X

Zig said...

Malc - she didn't look that old and she can certainly belt them out - she was very good.

Dash - it was! Don't people walk fast that live in London - they're all in a hurry for something. They should try leaving earlier.

Kaz - delicious!

CB - who'd grow up eh?

Dina - thank you! Freddie had only taken the newly shooting daffs. He takes orders from no-one.

ILTV - hello lovie - I kept my eyes peeled for you until Himself noticed I was eyeing all the glamorous blondes and wanted to know what I was doing!

Dave said...

I'd love to go in a hot air balloon. It's one of the things on my 'to do before I die' list. Unfortunately the 'die' bit seems to be coming round quicker than the 'do' bit.

Perhaps you could arrange to scatter my ashes from the balloon.

Greg said...

A busy birthday weekend!

Happy birthday for whichever day it was - may there be many more, so watch out in that bloody balloon!

Romeo Morningwood said...

La Di Frickin Da!

I think that Malc is on to something. You had better check the Insurance Policy before he tosses you into the basket.

If he is whistling and giddy I would jump out...try to do it before you get too high.

Now it's your turn to take out a huge policy on Himself and suggest going for a ride. He can take Freddy. Let Nature take it's course.

Zig said...

I've had this
"Thank you for attending the interview with us on Thursday 31st January.

While you presented yourself extremely well and impressed us very much, I regret that we are not on this occasion able to offer you the position, due to there being a more suitably experienced candidate.

Thank you for the interest you have shown and we wish you all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely"


That was kind of them to say that considering I was c r a p and didn't utter a coherent sentence.

Dave - when you see your GP do NOT be brave, be truthful and say how ill you really are.

steg it was sunday and thank you, I will be careful I hear it's the landings you have to watch out for.

HE it's a flight for 2 and I'm allowed to take whom-so-ever I please with me as long as it's Himself. Freddie and him have an understanding, they understand that they have no idea where the other one is coming from and so have agreed to ignore each other on health and safety grounds.

The Birdwatcher said...

Re Rugby - I blame Johnny!

FirstNations said...

gracious it must just SUCK ALL TO HELL being poor and everything. after all, why go to one of the most exciting major cities in the world and eat tapas when you could have come to Sumas and had tuna casserole???!!!?

dinahmow said...

Dearest Ziggi, please bring your rain-swear-box to my place. Also, bring wellies and shovel. And big, burly fellas.

Zig said...

bw - johnny who??

fn - actually I rather like tuna casserole!

dina - U SAID THE R WORD - now it's gonna keep R-ing for another 40 days and nights!

KAZ said...

May I join with those sincere people and wish you all the best for the future - though I really mean it....honest!

I, Like The View said...

I'd send them an invoice for your time - what's your hourly rate?

XXX

Romeo Morningwood said...

I , for one, would not care to participate in a world without New Seeker ditties such as Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma and I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing ...
in perfect har..
per-fect-har-mo-ny!

We've Got To Do It Now was my favorite 'make-out' song back in '73.

Carmenzta said...

I don't know who the Seekers are and I've been around for a long, long time (just out of it I guess). You Brits lead such exciting lives, I'm green with envy. Happy Birthday, dear Ziggi!

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

Happy birfday.

Hot air balloon rides are the best. Have you been before?

Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Sorry about the job and at least they said something positive, although that's small consolation.

I, Like The View said...

hope the celebrations* are continuing

XXX

(*the b'day ones, not the "didn't get the job" ones)