There is much about Italy that I really love
The food (Except the salami which has horse meat in it)
Olives
Chianti
Ice cream
Coffee
The weather
The ski-ing
Ferrari
Rome
Tuscany (I'd move there tomorrow)
Venice
The Leaning Tower
The ART
Even the Vatican (The Sistine chapel nearly made me think religion might not be so bad)
Even the driving!!
Dean Martin (he was sexy until the day he died)
La Mafiosa (even their criminals have a certain 'cool')
Sophia Loren (true beauty)
Andrea Bocelli
Leonardo da Vinci
Shame their Football is so CRAP!
Even I could manage a 0-0 draw with 10 school boys by constantly lining them up across the goal.
Roberto Donadoni you should be ashamed and I'm glad you're out.
10 comments:
Burn!!! I really think that all of what Italy has to offer more than makes up for the football :)
Was there a football match? Were we playing them?
Didn't see the foo'bawl. And you might have to shove me aside to get there first. Oh, God! I miss Italy!
football? I must be missing something. . .
has your blog changed colour, or is it just my imagination?
%-)
Stace - yes, I think I said that! I love Italy. I would go there in a heartbeat.
Dave - No Spain were attempting to play them but they weren't playing.
Dinah - meet me in Fiorenza!
ILTV - you're not missing much by missing the football - although Turkey have been great fun!
He should have packed the midfield with da Vinci and Bocelli and Ferrari to serve Chianti with long balls in to the box.
um.
well there you go.
*slinks off feeling very american*
For the sake of Venice I could forgive anything. Especially the football.
Puh-leeze don't even mention the Italian DIVING Team. Those delicate little Nancy Boys who are sent plummeting to the ground by the mere flutter of a Hummingbird's wing.
Mama-Mia my ankle sheezea broka!
How I loathe their pathetic 'diving' and their smarmy Mediterranean airs.
Hrrumph!
Yep, they were rubbish this time, but, on their day, they can be sublime. And I have to have a grudging respect that Italian is the only language where the word for football (calcio) is not derived from 'football'.
God, I need to get out more.
Post a Comment