When my children were smaller and inclined to moan now and again, I used to say “tell me what you do like, not what you don’t”. So with that advice in mind, here is a list of my pet hates:
(and in no particular order)
people who Cc you in emails instead of putting you either in the ‘to’ line or sending you a personal email
toast crumbs in bed
people who can’t control their dogs when they’re out and about
people who can’t control their dogs when they’re out and about and then put them on those ridiculous extending and dangerous leads*
making lists
making lists
people who insist on telling you about their religion
those same people who then become offended, or try to convert you, when you tell them in answer to their questions, that in your opinion there is no god and that you’re happy believing that there is no god
those people who then try to threaten you by saying that only believers go to heaven (good grief - what are they on?)
solicitors
greenfly
cold feet - mine
husbands - mine
spiders that insist on coming inside
builders’ bums
men whose main concern is finding a woman
women whose main concern is finding a man
cannulas
burning the end of your tongue
feeling like you should be putting ‘one’ instead of ‘you’
noticing any spelling and grammatical mistakes in everybody’s text but your own
being called darling, sweetheart, love, term of endearment by strangers
being addressed at boob level
*Lily doesn't count!
*Lily doesn't count!
12 comments:
Lily is very cross. She says she DOES count! Up to 4 apparently.
Lily - You know what I meant! You definitely count as at least four which is why you're entitled to have your own specially restraint and keep safe system :)
I can control my dog when he's out and about. Just not at home when there's company, he's so hospitable.
An excellent list that but it's just as well we never met when I had Nutmeg on one of those ridiculous leads (because otherwise I couldn't control him when we were out and about).
In my defence, I was very quick at reeling him in when it was safer for him to be close to me.
I am so grateful that you overcame your dislike of making lists long enough to create this one. Snap on rather a lot of things within it.
And I would add asinine advertisements which try and tell me that my life would be perfect if I was slender, with unblemished skin and had rather a lot of products I can't be arsed using (much less buying).
All things considered this is quite a short list...you should be pleased
Z - I have that problem especially when it comes to eating post, but they're very good out and about.
oh dear mig, but you too can be forgiven because you rescued him and he wasn't to know the rules. I was a little upset because on the day I wrote this an old dear let her dog on one of those leads run straight off the pavement and in front of my car, how I missed it I will never know.
EC - Oh yes I loath and detest those adverts, especially as I'm not the shape I once was. I know in my head it doesn't matter a hoot but they can still get under your skin.
NB - now you've worried me, what are the other things I should be considering?!
People who use your christian name when they've never met you and never will, just to create a spurious impression of intimacy so that they can try and sell you something.
Hi Zig, Indigo here. It was nice to meet you yesterday, albeit briefly. I commend your list to the House, tho it goes without saying I don't think ANYONE is supposed to like Cannulas. Cannulae? Hmmm... Indigo
By the way, the ginger cat and the Bombay Sapphire? A perfect complementary colour combination =)
I'm totally with you about crumbs in bed. I don't eat in bed and don't let anyone else.
I like your list...and your choice of gin.
I look forward to sharing a tipple next year!
Roses
xxx
May I add a corollary to the spelling/grammar point? I feel it is important to specifically berate professional printers and sign makers who cannot correctly use an apostrope. Scandalous.
Post a Comment