Monday, August 20, 2012

so, moving swiftly on . . .

Did you see Eric Idle in the closing ceremony of the 'lympics?

I waited, wondering whether he'd say shit and he did!

It was the best bit.

"So always look on the bright side of deathJust before you draw your terminal breath
Life's a piece of shit when you look at itLife's a laugh and death's a joke it's trueYou'll see it's all a show keep 'em laughing as you goJust remember that the last laugh is on you ..."
Eric Idle




9 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

Yes, but they didn't do the over-lapping chorus bit at the end... no matter I still sang it!
Sx

Rog said...

Nun taken....

Zig said...

Sx it was still worth the sing along with as was a great deal of the closing ceremony, there were some dodgy bits, or that be my age, but the old rockers they wheeled out I thoroughly enjoyed.

Rog, I wonder if the people of Nuneaton make puns...?

Nota Bene said...

We were all in the pub and burst out in song...though there was a pause as none of us thought they'd allow 'shit' in an Olympic stadium!

Joy said...

Just wanted to say "ni!"

dinahmow said...

I love Mr. Idle.Think of him every time I open my blog!

That'll be today's earworm.Ta, Zig!

Z said...

I understand that Jesus swore like a trooper. What else to do? - laugh and swear and have another glass of wine.

Oh, and have good friends you can talk to.

Elephant's Child said...

One of my heroes. I missed the closing ceremony and would have loved that bit - thanks.

Zig said...

NB I wonder if they asked him not to but he went ahead anyway, I like to think so!

Joy I'd like a shubbery ni!

Di earworm always sounds painful!

Z I thought he probably did. Hoping to see you soonish, that will be lovely.

EC it was a fun party atmosphere I think and it was great to have Mr I extracting the p! :)